Friday, July 5

Candy Crush T-shirt Tote Bag

I love a little bit of bling during the summer, so when I saw a giant bag of rhinestones at the craft store the other day, I knew I had to make something fabulous with them.  Inspired by all the crazy Candy Crush talk in my family and at the office, I made this colorful and sparkly bag!  It's the perfect tote to match my Candy Crush Color Bomb ring I made last week. Here's how you get the fun look for yourself!
What you need:
– Plain large t-shirt in grey
– Large rhinestones (you can buy value packs at the craft store)
– Sewing machine
– Various ribbons
– Painter's tape
– Scissors
– Wax Paper
Cut out your tote back from a plain shirt!  This a great way to revamp that old tshirt in your closet.  As you can see, the bag is already taking form with just a few cuts.
Sew the bottom of the bag shut with your sewing machine.  You can also hand sew if you don't have a machine.


Rip off a sheet of wax paper and insert inside of the bag. It's there to protect the other side of the bag when you glue.
Rip off a few pieces of the masking tape and make a giant rectangle with the tape on the front of the bag. Arrange your gems in Candy Crush fashion.  Make sure to have some in groups of three or four just like the game!
Now apply a small amount of Fabric Fusion to the back of each rhinestone gem and press in place.

Remove the tape guideline around your piece and let dry.

 Cut several pieces of ribbon in 2 feet sections for each.  Gather together and tie around the handle for a fun and whimsical touch to your bag. I also added my little Color Bomb ring I made last week as a cool accent to my bag.
 Here's a couple details of my bag!
It's going to be my new summer market tote/ So sparkly and fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the wrong game...it isn't a Candy Crush tote, it's a Bejeweled Game Tote. Those are gems not candy.

K Taylor said...

Candy Crush / Bejeweled - its a game and it is a super cute tote!! :) Thanks for the idea!!

Cecelia said...

I hate negative, but how long until they fall off?

Pattie Wilkinson said...

I can say that it's going to hold forever, because that glue is serious! And I was totally inspired by the Candy Crush game, but it would have been weird to glue candy to a tote, so I used those giant jewels. So it accidentally works for both! teehee!

Pitter and Glink said...

Too much fun!

Jess B. said...

too stinkin cute. Thanks for sharing this one. My kiddos are going to have fun this project.

Anonymous said...

Deasido Bella! que creatividad

Tiffani Hatsuni said...

This is really very nice. Thank you so much for teaching us how to do it. I am off now to try to make one :-)

Unknown said...

Most of us present the final divisibility rule for just a Divisor that is a prime range and use it to unique cases. The explanation is lucid and simple follow, fully grasp and employ. www.scorespro.com

ClearCandyBags said...

Thank you for sharing useful information here.

Candy Bags

Zoe said...

I hate negative, but how long until they fall off?

pillow crochet pattern
cheap teacher supplies
etsy linen pillow covers

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close